Saturday, August 20, 2016

Staged Western Anti Assad Anti Putin Propaganda?



Moon of Alabama’s blog post for 18 August 2016, “The ‘Wounded Boy In Orange Seat’- Another Staged "White Helmets" Stunt”  deconstructs  a dramatic video and a photo of a purported wounded boy that has been  widely shown in western media . (Berhard  links to the CNN video.) Naturally, as Berhard points out, no such photos – staged or real – are shown of the carnage inflicted by U.S. supported jihadis in Syria. I found B’s evidence convincing that the photo was staged.B  also links to his June 2016 post of "’Dramatic Rescue! Man With Kid Runs Towards Camera!’ - 44 Staged Pictures” where he similarly exposes photo after photo of the same meme.  

Along the same lines, I was not surprised but distressed to find Democracy Now (DN) seemed to have no option but to fall in line with  Western anti-Assad, anti-Putin disinformation/ distortion on their August 17, 2016 program. A key clue was when DN’s guest, Dr. Zaher Sahloul explained that the Syrian regime (with Putin’s help) has cut the Castello Road from Allepo to Turkey which has been used to evacuate patients. Fair enough, but no mention was made that the same road surely also brings in jihadis and weapons supplied by the U.S. and the Saudis so as to keep the Syrian war going indefinitely. Could this be the reason that Assad and Putin want to close such terror pathways?

Update:
 Later I noticed that the New York Times (8.19.16) sported  a large 2.5 by 6 inch photo of the “Wounded Boy” on its front page. Luckily I had already seen B’s blog so I knew what to think of the Times’ credibility and ruthlessness as they continue to operate as CIA’s mouthpiece. Even later I tried to imagine how different things will be if (should I now say ‘when’?) Hillary takes over the White House.

Excerpt from Democracy Now 8.17.16
DR. ZAHER SAHLOUL: I mean, before the siege happened, this—that’s been going on for more than five weeks, the road to Turkey and to other places in Syria was open—the Castello Road. That’s the same road that I went to Aleppo through and left Aleppo through. And it’s right now blocked by the Syrian regime, and also assisted by the Russians and the Iranian paramilitias. So, if the United Nations oversaw this road, to keep it open, so we can have patients evacuated to Turkey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ronald, I would assume that b's name is spelled Bernhard not "Berhard". The latter does not exist in German, same name in French would be Bernard.

Ronald said...


PH wrote:
Hi Ronnie

I've come to believe humans incapable of not killing fellow beings. (We are animals)
My periodontist pointed out that we are not at war, but the media keep saying that we are at war, saying..........
War was 30,000 people or more dying every day, from the late 1930's to mid '40's.
I have no idea how to stop the blood shed. The democrats or the tea party, the new blue blood party I think, will keep up the same stuff.
We are the police for the planet.... No more world wars. Just a few million killed here and there, now and then. ;(

Ronald said...


Bill Weinberg wrote:
Um, I hope I am reading you wrong here... Surely you have not joined the
Assad fan club....

Ronald replied:
My first reply was on the snarky side. I thought I'd come up with
something I like better, but all I have is the defensive response that
yes, I support Assad-Putin largely because I think their logic that a
state is better than a failed state. And I'm convinced that Obama's
continued intervention on the side of ISIS (Trump still doesn't know how
right he was) and all the other jihadis in order to keep the war going
indefinitely, as it is in Afghanistan, Iraq, now Yemen-,is more than
enough to convict Obama of crimes against humanity.
None of this is to defend Assad's crimes nor Putin's -- but I see Assad
as on the defensive.
I wanted to squeeze Israel in here somewhere. Is there any doubt that
Israel is delighted in what's happening to its enemies -- and to its
participation whenever they can manage it.
Ronald

There are clubs and clubs.

I guess I'm in the anti-Obama (and soon Hillary?), anti-Saudi,
anti-failed state, anti-permanent war, anti-CIA club.

Bill replied:
God help you, Ron.
***

Ronald said...

MC wrote:
Hey Ron,
Why don't you post this to ActionGreens(at)yahoogroups(dot)com, as well as to WBAICommunityBoard(at)yahoogroups(dot)com and to UFPJ Activist List ? There's a large debate happening on the latter UFPJ list, especially ....

Thanx for sending!
***
MG wrote:
I couldn’t agree more.

Ronald said...

JB wrote:
Ronald,

There are no good guys in Syria except the civilians who are under attack from all sides. Syria is a key marker in a high stakes international power game where, for ALL the players, human lives are the last consideration. The US, the Saudis, Qatar and Turkey provoked this war, with Hillary's help, knowing that Assad, like any country under attack from inside, would respond with disproportionate force, turning segments of the population that had been pro-government or indifferent, into opponents, even though most of the fighters were and are foreigners which is why you rarely if ever see them interviewed. But those barrel bombs that Syria has used are not figments of the imagination nor are the hospitals that have been destroyed by Russian or Syrian bombing. That's just the way it is.. To denigrate the suffering caused by one side isn't helpful.

I remember with nothing but contempt for the regime under Hafez al Assad, who came into power through a coup in 1971, overthrowing a pro Palestinian government and putting hundreds of pro-Palestinian Syrians in prison. In 1976, his forces joined the Falangists in the massacre of the Tal al Zaatar refugee camp in Beirut where I had stayed in 1970 and in 1983, while Israel was occupying Southern Lebanon, he sent his own Palestinian militia under Abu Musa ro attack to Palestinian refugee camps in northern Lebanon, Bedawi and Nahr al Bahrad which left so many Palestinians killed or wounded that it was almost impossible to walk without slipping on the floor of the Tripoli hospital without slipping in the blood and gore and I know because I was there. All of this has "disappeared" from history, remembered only by those who were there. Which is why when people today who have never seen war, pretend that the war crimes by the Assad regime today are a Western fantasy, I know they are wrong. I also have my own sources there who have been pro-Assad and now says, like I do, everyone has blood on their hands.

best,

Ronald said...

Ronald replied:
Thanks JB:
I understood you were active in the area in the 70s, but I don't recall knowing that you were so close to what was going on in Syria.
It's an eye-opener..
Its too sad that I find I agree with the thug Putin that a state is better than a failed state.
To me that's a sign of how low we have fallen over the last 15+ years with no hope for change on the horizon.
We need an explanation for the state of things.
I like mine however lonely.
On the theory that he who controls the investigation, controls the assassination, LBJ killed all three of our leaders (four including Malcolm) and it only took 50 years to get to our current depths.

JB replied:
Ronald,
The CIA. under Angleton's orders, had JFK killed because they considered him a traitor for having secret back channels communications with Khruschev during the Cuban missile crisis while everyone else, including RFK, wanted to bomb Cuba and he was planning to pull the troops from Vietnam. Of course, LBJ knew about and was likely behind the assassination of King who "double-crossed" by publicly attacking US policy in Vietnam and world wide. Killing JFK was a big favor for Israel so they planted a forest in Angleton's honor.

I think the NOI did Malcolm in. He was a threat to Elijah M and the rising Louis F.

best,
***
Ronald replied
Thanks, JB
Your email reminded me that we have taken up this question earlier.
Yes, MLK's speech was a year to the day of his assassination. It was that reminder in 2002 or thereabouts which woke me up to LBJ's malevolence. He had to kill JFK but not MLK, or did he? I guess MLK represented a similar kind of threat. Amazing how history can be shaped by one man.
Re Israel and JFK. Have I said this already? I've been influenced by Seymour Hersh's book, The Sampson Option, which argues that JFK understood that there was nothing he could do in practice about Israel's nuclear program. But maybe, just going public the way he did was more than enough.

Angleton vs LBJ and Allen Dulles..

David Talbot's book, The Devil's Chessboard convinced me that Allen Dulles was LBJ's co-conspirator. Neither man could have done without the other. Also that while Eisenhower's great sin was putting the Dulles brothers in high office, he came to regret that Dulles left him a legacy of ashes as he says. (Talbot of course doesn't touch LBJ or Dulles's responsibility for the assassination. But he does emphasize Truman's op ed calling out Dulles. So there's some sort of recognition there.)

Best,
Ronald